Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[159 / 46 / ?]

Aluminum Bike Thread

No.986726 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So i just bought a CAAD 12 105 to replace by 1998 steel Bianchi Campione that i bought as my first road bike when i was a teenager.

I test rode a lot of other bikes--Trek Emonda, Giant TCR, Scott Addict, Specialized Tarmac--and i surprised myself by liking the Cannondale best, not just because it was so much cheaper, but i actually like the way it felt. Sure, it is not quite as silky smooth as the carbon bikes, but it had a snappyness--so eager, athletic, playful and agressive--that i felt many of the other other bikes lacked. There is something in the bike that i felt was a good trade for the smooth ride of the carbon bikes that i rode. Maybe it's more the geometry than the material. The CAAD12 i think has more traditional racing geometry than most of the other bikes i rode, but i feel there was something in the frame itself, the feel of it, that i really liked. My second favorite was the Tarmac, but it was so much more money.

Does anybody else love modern aluminium road bikes. Or maybe just the CAAD12? Am i crazy? I love my new bike.