Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[25 / 1 / 14]

Jimmy Carter's Wife Died

No.1237814 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Rosalynn Carter, mental health activist, humanitarian and former first lady, dies at 96
By Keith Allen and Kate Andersen Brower, CNN
Updated 5:43 PM EST, Sun November 19, 2023

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/11/19/politics/rosalynn-carter-mental-health-activist-humanitarian-and-former-first-lady-dies-at/index.html

Rosalynn Carter, who as first lady worked tirelessly on behalf of mental health reform and professionalized the role of the president’s spouse, died Sunday at the age of 96, according to the Carter Center.

Rosalynn Carter passed away peacefully with family by her side at her home in Plains, Georgia, the center said in a statement.

“Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished,” her husband, former President Jimmy Carter, said. “She gave me wise guidance and encouragement when I needed it. As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me.”

The Carter Center announced Friday that the former first lady had entered hospice care. She was diagnosed with dementia in May. Her husband began home hospice care in February, following a series of hospital stays.

Jimmy Carter was defeated in a landslide by Ronald Reagan four years after being elected. His single term in the White House included forging a rare peace agreement between Israel and Egypt that continues to this day, but it was also marked by soaring inflation and the Iran hostage crisis. Through it all, Rosalynn was by his side, and often whispering in his ear.