Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[43 / 1 / 1]

Trump Is Getting Cold Feet Over JD Vance

No.1320160 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Amid Joe Biden ending his re-election campaign, rumors are emerging that Donald Trump is regretting his choice of running mate.

Biden endorsed Kamala Harris as his replacement on Sunday after he announced he would no longer be running as the Democratic party's nominee for President amid concerns over his health and age.

"My very first decision as the party nominee in 2020 was to pick Kamala Harris as my Vice President. And it's been the best decision I've made. Today I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year. Democrats—it's time to come together and beat Trump. Let's do this," he wrote in a post on X.

Following the announcement, Republicans, including House Speaker Mike Johnson, immediately seized on Democrats, claiming that the GOP would challenge the party's right to switch Joe Biden for Kamala Harris.

"I think they've got legal hurdles in some of these states," Johnson told CNN on Sunday. "And it'll be litigated, I would expect, on the ground there."

But a possible legal challenge is not the only sign that the Republicans may be nervous about Biden's decision.

Trump decried Biden's decision to drop out in a post on Truth Social on Sunday, writing that his team would have to "start all over again" and asking to be reimbursed for the cost.

Reports have also emerged that Trump regrets choosing J.D. Vance as his running mate as much of the former president's campaign, including the decision to tap the Ohio Senator as his Vice President, has been structured around attacks on Biden.

"Most striking thing I heard from Trump allies yesterday was the second-guessing of JD Vance—a selection, they acknowledged, that was borne of cockiness, meant to run up margins with the base in a blowout rather than persuade swing voters in a nail-biter," Atlantic staff writer Tim Alberta posted on X.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-cold-feet-jd-vance-1929088