Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 3 / ?]

Solar Power

No.1008206 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
We started buying small panels for using with our outdoor product deployments (Access Points / Wireless Repeaters, Security Cameras, and our soon to come Temperature and Humidity monitoring systems); I noticed how I could actually get a 10 watt panel that put out that much or more in full sun, for way less than I could a few years back.

So I looked at larger panels. Great, even cheaper per watt. Pushing below $1/Watt if I hunt around for deals. I'm now considering building a 'suitcase style' solar setup to carry with us when we go /out/ anywhere.
I've also been looking into how much I'd have to spend to get the full 500 watts round the clock that I need for my camper trailer to keep the A/C and dehumidifier running. (I'm aware the sun is only out in the day, etc.) This would be more of an actual benefit to me because I'd ditch my power bill entirely where it's parked and not traveling of course.

Does anyone else on /out/ use solar for their power needs on their excursions? Any good products that you've found? Any recommendations?