Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[47 / 12 / ?]

HUNTING GENERAL

No.1028166 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>stories of your first / favorite hunt.

Took my first deer last year at 33. Here's how it went down.

>Hunting Public land with local wildlife biologist buddy.

>Set up behind haybales for cover on field rich in Timothy hay. Watching treeline 100m away.

>First thing in the morning. Unseasonably cold with snow (early Oct).

>Quietly rummaging in my bag for thermos of chicken soup to warm up. Fill a cup, look up. Deer 50yds away.

>Quietly set down steaming cup of goodness, pick up rifle.

>Nice young doe.

>Not shaking but all of a sudden adrenaline is going. Go time. Slowly stand up, rest rifle across the haybale keeping it between deer and I.

>Line up on the boiler room. Breathe in, out. Squeeze. Bang.

>Deer jumps. Two fawns I didn't see run out of the treeline - at me.

>My deer runs fifty yards to the treeline and collapses.

>Fawns run right up to me, squeaking. Weird moment. Then they run back to their mother who just then emerged from the treeline. Sorry I shot your auntie.

>Wait ten minutes. Go to spot where she was standing. Huge blood splatter. And clear trail in the snow. 'track' it to her.

>Perfect shot. Took out the heart and right shoulder. Can't believe she ran that far with no heart, no sternum and no blood.

>Field dress my first deer. Smelled interesting. Weird but good. Natural. Couldn't get over how warm she was or maybe I was just that cold.

>One hour later, grilling her tenderloins smothered in olive oil and Montreal steak spice. Pic related.

>Best meat I've ever tasted.

>Instantly hooked. Spend the rest of the season hoping for a buck. See lots of does but hold off. Get skunked but still a great experience. Shoot six grouse over the next two months. Also delicious.

Can't wait for this fall. Don't care about trophies, just want that delicious venison. So good.