Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[186 / 48 / ?]

need /out/ jacket help

No.1103588 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know you guys aren't /fa/, but most of these jacket choices seem to come from /out/ brands to do /out/ things so I figured you guys would be much more useful for this. I'm trying to choose between several jackets/coats, and was hoping to get opinions on which would be best. These choices are all expensive as shit, so let's assume money is no object.

1. pic related, https://www.fortisclothing.co.uk/shop/waterproof-falklands-coat/

I've read mostly good things about the brand. They used to be called Country Covers, and were known for making a version of the windproof smock that was apparently pretty good. They don't say what materials were used for the outer coat, just call it "ripstop" and say that it's waterproof and windproof. I'm thinking it's 50/50 poly cotton with a waterproof dropliner and maybe some kind of spray-on coating, but I could be wrong. It's kind of hokey, but I like that it has a drop-down waterproof seat. It's also got a shitton of pockets which I regard as a plus. It's insulation layer is also a separate jacket itself, so you can wear the outer layer alone, the inner layer alone, or both depending on the weather.

2. Swarzi Wapiti, https://www.swazi.co.nz/shop/mens/wapiti-coat/

I've read a lot of good reviews about this coat, and almost nothing but praise for the brand in general. Most people seem to choose their Tahr anorak, but I think it and this coat are made of the same material, which is some brand-exclusive deal. It's got side vents, which might be useful, and can be rolled up completely into the hood. Again, mostly hokey features but kind of cool. The only downside is that this coat only seems to have 3 pockets, which is S H I T. sure, the 2 on the front are pretty big, and the internal map pocket is pretty deep from what I've seen, but it's pretty mediocre compared to all the other coats.

cont'd.