Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[23 / 4 / ?]

French Pilgrimage

No.1120269 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi Out. So I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Int, but felt you guys are a better group than that board so I'll ask here.

Since getting a full time job that pays pretty well for myself, and having the entire summer off, I wanted to do something with my saved money and go to France this coming summer.

I'm Catholic, and want to see as many of the shrines, cathedrals, and holy sites the First Daughter of the Church has to offer. From Mont St Michel down to Lourdes. Only thing is I want to do it backpacking.

I realize France isn't exactly super /out/ but I want to keep the using of mass transit to a minimum and walk most of the ways. Partly to prolong my experience and urge to engage in Slow Travel, but also to lend more authenticity to the pilgrimage. Walking long distances gives you plenty of time to pray and read scripture.

Thing is I'm very much an noob when it comes to /out/ stuff. I'm not a slob, but I'm definitely gonna take between now and then to condition myself for walking long distances. What I really want to know is what kinda supplies you'll think I need when making a pilgrimage in France?

Help me, /out/, you are my only hope.