Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.1129736 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Just got back from camping in the desert with my gf and her sister and now I wanna tackle solo camping for 1-2 nights. Any tips? Any experiences? I wanna try solo camping to truly appreciate nature by myself. It was fun but my gf doesn't really care for it like I do, plus it'd be fun to just get away from everything for a bit.

I already have my overnight pack ready, and I'm going to order an internal frame daypack for hiking since the pack I used last time was just meant for packing in and not hiking. I already know the basics like bring more water than I need and more food than I'll need. I won't be that far from civilization since it's a desert state park but I will be hiking in a bit more to get away from the odd 1 or 2 other campers that may be in the area closer to the road. I just wanna know if there's anything I should know about for solo camping specifically. I won't get bored, I really dig nature so I'll be out and about for the most part and leaving most of my equipment in my tent. Or should I hide my stuff in a rock in the unlikely case a tweaker happens by? I always get parnoid my stuff will be stolen whenever I go on a long hike.