Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 8 / ?]

Finding "home"

No.1134539 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey there /out/,
Sorry for the bloggy post, but this is a subject that I hope some of you have experience with, and I think would be interesting to discuss.

For some years now there's a couple of /out/ memories that keep coming back to me. I kinda feel confident in saying that they have been the most important experiences in my life. All took place far from urbanized areas, took a significant amount of trouble to get to, and were set in intensely beautiful surroundings. Every time I was completely by myself, but for some reason it felt like there was some "other" being in those environments with me, present in everything. One experience took place at a waterfall in a secluded junglevalley, and it was almost as if the water was speaking/shouting at me. This all caused me to have intense dopamine rushes, and it felt like I was breathing in in a long gasp without having to expell air. I'm not a religious or spiritual person, but I wouldn't hesitate in calling it holy experiences if I was. What interests me especially is that it felt so comfortable, like I finally arrived at the place where I was supposed to be, even though these where somewhat hostile environments.

Is anyone familiar with this, and do you have a theory on what causes these experiences? A more spiritually inclined friend of mine suggested that my conciousness was being reunited with the conciousness of the Earth and that is why it felt so comfortable. For all I know this might actually be the case, but I'd love to hear some more insights on the matter.