Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 4 / ?]

GEARHACKS

No.1193322 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>paint and fisherman enamel glow paint on key gear and zippulls and you'll never lose it in the dark

>make a reflectex cosy for your pot and you can trap heat, slow cook and simmer and save half your fuel

>don't use compression sacks, it's much easier to pack squishy quilts and clothes than awkward hard objects, or forego sacks completely

>for photography, tie cord to your camera with a loop at the other end, then put a foot on the loop and pull the cord taut, acting as a rudimentary tripod

>use hairbands instead of elastic bands, they much last longer and can be used as cord when the elastic perishes

>lubricate your zippers to stop grit, sand and fabric getting caught in them

>wrap plumbers tape around water filter and bladder nozzle threads to get an airtight seal

>get something like Chlorox sanitiser, regular alcohol ones don't kill Norovirus. Better still, carry water and Bronners and actually wash your hands

>get a silk or cotton sleeping bag liner, increase the bag's lifespan and reduce washing

>Rub butter or lard on kindling as an accelerant

>Round the corners of repair tape and blister leuokotape/ductape/moleskin and it won’t rub off as quickly

>Stretch a silicon wristband around the lip your titanium/alu pot or cup to pick it up when hot (take it off for open fires)

>put your tarp, groundsheet, filter and dirty clothes in a mesh bag instead of solid to let them dry out and air

>wear goretex socks instead of shoes in intermittent weather areas - the socks and shoes will dry much quicker and you can swap socks easier than wet goretex boots

>look at techwear clothes (eg ACRNM) for modifications. I attached a thin magnetic strip to my shoulder harness to quickly hold my headphone buds instead of stuffing them in my pocket

Any tips you have, anons?