Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[164 / 17 / ?]

Should dogs be allowed on public lands?

No.1207281 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-09-02/if-you-love-the-wilderness-keep-your-dog-out-of-it

What are /out/'s thoughts on off-leash (or even leashed) dogs on public lands while hiking? Should they be allowed to hike with their owners or do they serve as a threat to wildlife and other people and ruin the enjoyable natural atmosphere?

Personally, having been aggressively approached and jumped at by off-leash big dogs on the trail (including a literal pit bull), 2 out of the last three hiking trips, I'm inclined to favor banning dogs entirely from National Forests and other lands (particularly Wilderness Areas). This wasn't some child's hike either, this was far out in a National Forest where you would expect to not have to deal with these things. I go out to get away from shitty owners and poorly trained dogs, and yet I've had more negative experiences with dogs on the trail than I've had in urban areas.

Your thoughts?

>inb4 accusations of being a cat fag

I think all feral cats should be shot on site due to their massive negative impact on natural ecosystems. Dogs and cats both have their proper place and can be great, but public land is not one of those places.