Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[28 / 5 / ?]

kayak camping

No.1275329 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Went on a float trip, tried out a kayak, had a good time. Going to give kayak camping a go.

I already have lots of good ultralight backpacking gear so I'm mostly prepared. Just going with a cheap starter kayak (pelican argo 100) to see if I want to invest more later. From my research, it looks like that model can handle up to straight-forward class 2 rapids and lake travel, relatively versatile. Storage space is limited at that price tag and size but all my gear is ultralight so I’m not concerned about size limitations.

Main thing I’m hung up on is the sleeping bag. I’ve always bought down-filled stuff with low temperature ranges. Now I’m searching for a synthetic bag. I won’t kayak when it’s cold out because water, I don’t need to worry as much about weight because I’m mostly travelling by water to campsites, and even though I know how to keep my gear dry it seems like asking for trouble to rely on a down bag in a kayak. Only real concern is that it is as condensable as possible to help fit in the kayak.

Looking for suggestions on synthetic sleeping bags. Temp range of 40+ only is ok. As condensable as possible is important.

>>Inb4 dry down
I’ve made up my mind, synthetic only, thanks though

Also kayak/canoe camping general