Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[165 / 74 / ?]

/out/ field recording general: new thread edition

No.1292437 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Old thread reached bump limit and 404'd, so I figured I'd start a new one of these. Share your new and old recordings, tips and tricks, gear and equipment recommendations, etc.
Just went out in the field with my new Tascam DR-100MkIII. Was rather impressed with the preamps and quality of the recordings but I still have to get the hang of the proper input levels.

Here's a recording taken today at a new spot I visited, along with the desert spring in pic related. The recording has been unedited aside from cutting off the head and tail of the recording and boosting the loudness to TR-B32 standards. I had the input levels set at "18.0" while recording, as well as the built-in low-cut filter set to 220Hz. Huge improvement over the DR-05, probably even more so when I get better at using the device to its full potential. Let me know what you think, thanks! The band-tailed pigeons periodically hooting in the background are my favorite part. Thankfully the recorder did not pick up much of the thousands of flies/mosquitos/annoying flying insects swarming my exposed skin and face. They weren't bad in the meadow areas but were hellish in the shade of the forest canopy.

https://soundcloud.com/user-131425979/thunder-spring