Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[4 / 1 / ?]

At home use & training with Sporting Goods & Outdoor Equipment

No.1302182 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
•How much of your gear do you use at home or in your backyard and not just while hiking or camping?
•How much training do you do with your gear at home or in your backyard; instead of just general usage?
•What are your most-used items at home?
•How much training do you get in with a new item before using it in the field?

>1st for me, rocket stove & cook kit (pics), especially in warmer months, and clothing items like sun hat and water boots. I cook with it up to 3 times a day at home (full-time farmer), but use it less while in the field since I eat more pre-prepped food from home or forage for stuff that doesn't need to be cooked. I don't tend to do many heavy meals in the field.

>2nd would be training with weapons (bow/rifle/slingshot), usually against varmints trying to eat crops.

>3rd would be traps (live, Conibear, rat, and snare) & fishing gear. Though fishing gear is used less and less now due to heavy pollution in the waters over the years; since I only fish to eat.

More rarely I'll setup the tents to make sure they are in good condition and clean, but I do that far less than actually going out and using them. I always test out new gear religiously for a couple weeks at home before taking it out in the field. I've had a few key items break, while out in the field, and that sucks a great deal. It is even worse when you find out a piece of clothing simply doesn't do what it is advertised to do.