Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 3 / ?]

How can I feel safe swimming again?

No.1326963 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>hear about a disturbing condition you can get from an amoeba called Naegleria Fowleri
>essentially they're a very abundant kind of amoeba which will proceed to eat away at brain tissue when water accidentally ends up in your nasal passages
>Naegleria fowleri live in pretty much any freshwater source but are more common in southern-tier freshwater sources
>cases of this have been appearing in the East coast where I live in places like Maryland and Pennsylvania
You guys can call me a beta all you want, but I'm not getting my brain munched on by some absurdly deadly single celled organism. Dying while /out/ because of other dangers is usually avoidable (ie death animal attacks, starvation, getting lost, falling from a cliff, etc) but it seems like there is not really much you can do to prevent death by amoeba other than to give up your love of swimming in freshwater. My problem is that I still want to enjoy rivers and lakes but I'm not too keen on death by snorting these little shits, it just doesn't seem like the way to go. Is there some kind of nose plug I can get or face wear that will be 100% effective for preventing any water from getting up there? I don't give a shit if it makes me look stupid wearing it I just need it if it exists, fuck you.