Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 3 / ?]

No.1362869 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Due to ulcerative colitis and cancer risks, at the ripe old age of 35, I might need to get a colostomy bag.
Which also means, for 3 to 6 months depending on healing time, losing my jobs (dishwasher and landscaping).

Rather than being a miserable deadbeat on disability for a few months, I thought it could be interesting to try making money other ways. And one market that seems untapped, where I am, is microgreens. Having had some success with my very small outside garden, this idea is exciting to me. I really enjoyed gardening, a hobby I never thought would appeal to me.
So, looking at it, I think I could convert my basement into a grow production, whether I aimed for selling to people or restaurants. Even in the over-regulated hell that is New York State, it seems you can just grow and sell shit, fairly freely!

The problem? Start up costs.
My estimate is ~$1,000 to get everything I need to start a SMALL start up, but that expansion should be affordable from profits.
Second problem? I'm fairly paycheck to paycheck. I have a savings, but it's there for emergencies, not investing. I'd be comfortable dropping $500 of my own into it, but I'm kind of hoping for a way to crowdfund the other $500.

Does anyone know where I could look for crowdfunding for this type of thing? What I could even offer to anyone who contributed? I did look on gofundme but it seems that similar projects are very... dead. Often getting nothing.

Sorry, not strictly outdoors, but it does involve growing and a gardening hobby. This seemed the best board for it.