Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[319 / 48 / ?]

QTDDTOT

No.1368705 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Questions that don't deserve their own thread!

I feel like a dick for doing this, but I have alot of questions and I felt it would be best to just compile them all in the same OP.
Basicly, I'm a total beginner when it comes to /out/ing, only slept in the forest a few times during childhood trips, did not serve in the military so never got any experience from there.

I want to start going /out/, but heres what I'm curious about first:

>dangerous animals
How do I avoid them? What are some precautions to take? When you are /out/, do you actively look out for dangerous fauna, or do you perhaps have a routine you do to keep them away?
Myself I try to sing to keep them away, and when I get too self cautious about my shit-tier voice, I clap my hands occasionally.

>How does one truly go /out/?
I do take some trips along popular mountainpaths close to my home, some trips taking 4-6 hours, but I want more, I want to spend a weekend or something in the wild, but have no idea how.
Do you just "get lost" in the forest on purpose, like, where do you even go? What do you bring (yadda yadda, fire-supplies, knife, first-aid etc) do you have any UNCONVENTIONAL suggestions you find really helpful to bring?

>What should I read up on?
Weather forecast and eatable flora is given, but what else do I need to read up on before attempting to not kill myself in the wilderness? Give me like your "top 10 things I wish I knew about before my first /out/"

>Is it possible/wise to go solo?
For some reason, I really want to do this alone. How stupid is it for a newbie to go out on alone?

Any other tips or suggestions you might feel like giving me not already covered by my questions are ofcourse welcome aswell, and I hope this thread ends up helping other lurkers aswell, someone had to ask the dumb questions, so here you go.