Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 5 / ?]

No.138833 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Australian flying to Michigan on Sunday, staying for 90 days.

Any /out/laws here from MI? Looking for some information, tips, local knowledge, possibly a buddy or two, with which to make the most of my time there.

Family own a lake house in the south of the state. Will be based out of there, spending 4th July with them and then I'm free to roam. I have cousins and uncles and aunts with places to stay all over, from Ypsi to Holland. A cabin up north innawoods accessible to me. Lakes at my doorstep. So far I know I'm gonna get a good bit of fishing in and hike through every square inch of the woods surrounding my initial base of location, but aside from the usually advertised parks and reserves which any numb nut can find on a map, I don't have a load of info on the really interesting stuff to prioritize.

I'd call myself an intermediate to advanced outdoorsman, but have little to no experience with the US wilderness, also due to luggage constraints, wont be able to bring much/if any gear with me, but happy to pick up essentials while I'm there, and can always borrow stuff from my old man if there is something I just can't pass up that requires a solid kit (as opposed to casual hikes and basic camping).

I'm up for anything, I love to hike, camp, fish, hunt (gun or bow), boat, swim, urbex... I'll get into anything that looks like fun!