Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[4 / 1 / ?]

No.143306 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Would anyone be interested in playing a free game about being innawoods/surviving.

Me and friend who designs games and has never actually committed to an idea fully and usually gives up (so don't get your hopes up if your super interested already) were throwing aroudn ideas about making a survival game. basically the game probably wouldnt look that great unless we find a good modeler who is interested in working on the game seriously. but would essentially be what it sounds like, a survival sim.

Now some of the idea's we threw around were
A) sleep/food/thirst are all must have requirements
1) boiling water will result in drinkable water
2) not boiling will give a % of getting diarhea and while the thirst meter will get filled, it will also drain faster from dehydration via the diarhea
3) there will be hunting/fishing able to be preformed
4) snares/traps will be able to be set up

Now one way we are thinking about making the game an actual challenge is the more days you survive
B) the harder shit gets
1) more deadly wild animals will slowly start to spawn, maybe every other day the wild animals in the region will go up by 1 or 2 or something. snakes, mountain lions, bears, whatever
2) chances to catch fish and small animals in snares will go down. What might be a 75% starting chance could end up being a 1% chance on day 50 or something

The game would have a bit of a minecraft feel where essentially you collect stuff and build stuff. like collect a vine now you have 3 pieces of chordage, now combine with some sticks for a snare.

Different shelters would yeild different benefits. lean to may be easy and dry but not very warm, but also not heavy on materials. at day 50 though you may have enough logs to build a small cabin or something (we havnt discussed this at length)

Lastly I havn't talked to him so idk how hard a dynamic weather system would be. I assuming would be able to do something with tempature and rain but idk. thoughts?