Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 5 / ?]

No.1433717 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Does anyone ever actually wear Filson shit outdoors? I have a Mackinaw cruiser that my dad bought back in the 1990s (before they were bought out and turned into a fashion brand catering to rich city yuppies). It's comfy as fuck, and I love wearing traditional wool/twill stuff when I'm out hunting, hiking and fishing.

But now Filson has just gotten so fucking expensive. $300 pairs of pants, $250 flannel shirts, a fucking pair of gloves that costs $100 and are just fingerless wool gloves that you'd get at a Salvation Army. And $600 for a canvas duffel bag? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm a sailor, I make duck sea bags all the time that are bulletproof, only takes about 2-3 hours of my time, and I wouldn't even fuckin charge $30 to sell one of those. What's even more hilarious is that they still have an entire line of hunting and fishing clothes, and yet it is priced so absolutely beyond the affordability of most hunters that there's no way in hell they buy it. So what, are hipsters in Seattle actually just walking around in orange camo jackets for the hell of it?

Don't get me wrong, I love Filson. Or at least I love what they used to be. I love that you can still get stuff from them that is 100% made in America with American materials, but I'm honestly afraid to buy any of their new stuff. Is it still the same quality as their pre-corporate buyout clothing, or will it just fall apart in the first rain or the first time you have to actually get a little dirty?

>tl;dr
Does anyone actually wear Filson stuff outdoors or is it purely a fashion brand now?

And before the synthetic fiberfags come in and make fun of me for wearing natural materials outdoors, I don't understand the problem with it. I like the look of natural materials, I like the way they feel, and while I'm sure I could get comparably priced synthetic garments that are more waterproof and rugged, I haven't died of hypothermia in all the years of climbing and hunting I've done in the Rockies and Alaska.