Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[63 / 20 / ?]

Personal Watercraft Thread

No.145469 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey, /out/. I'm looking into getting a kayak (or cross between canoe and kayak) for myself. I would like to just get one for myself, but I'm open to a canoe/cross as well in case a friend wants to tag along.

I'm in the $300~ range for just the vessel, and I would like to not spend anymore than $100 on a paddle and pfd. I know you get what you pay for, but this would be treated like an expensive name brand and kept in good care.

I live in an apartment in South Florida and have a civic, so that's a larger reason I lean to kayak as well. This is meant only for freshwater (everglades and canals) casual trips. Not 100 mile journeys or ocean going. I don't really have the capability to store a big canoe or take it with me for casual trips. I have a hitch I installed, so I'm going to get a rear stand and pad for my roof for transport. I also plan on making (really simple) or /diy/ a mobile setup for my mountain bike.

Any of you have information or could point me in the right direction from experience on a good kayak? What should I be looking for, brands to avoid, little things, etc?

Also, let's broaden the thread to other self propelled water craft. Paddle boats, standing boards, whatever.