Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 2 / ?]

/out/ feels

No.1456066 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Having a rough time lately bros. I've been living in the city finishing my degree the last couple years, and now that I'm done I've moved out to the country for work. I was really looking forward to getting /out/ more, lots of great local hiking and mountainbiking.

But, the first thing I did when i got to town was take the bike up one of the mountains and ended up stacking it and tearing my shoulder. I can't ride indefinitely, and it likely won't heal before I have to move back to the city for work again. I've spent the last 3 weekends just sitting at home feeling sorry for myself or painfully walking hours to the grocery store and back to keep myself supplied.

It's starting to occur to me that with my full time career now in swing and the fact that I'm all alone in this bush town with a really debilitating injury, and moving back to the city full time in a couple months, /out/ may be more or less a thing of the past for me. What used to be essentially the pillar of my mental health has been almost completely inaccessible for over 2 years and now it seems like it's going to stay that way.

Anyway not trying to bitch, just wanted to vent and also hear your thoughts on all things /out/ as well.

Photo is from a distant lifetime.