Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 8 / ?]

No.152512 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /out/

I've been noticing a lot of hunting threads lately posted here so I thought I'd make this 'info' thread about what people are actually hunting for and their use.

Now i'm all for hunting, I myself am a hunter (mainly deer).
But nothing pisses me off more than someone killing for no reason or killing an animal just for the food.

So I thought this thread could be used to educate hunting enthusiasts about all of the different animal parts that can be saved and used for a variety of applications.

For example, a lot of fat is thrown away but that fat can be used to make some nice soaps or for a compost.

If you're into 'woodworking' or crafts and hobbies of the nature, antlers/bones can be used to make some elegant knife handles which come in handy if you are in need of replacing a worn out wooden or micarta handle on an old outdoors knife. Bones and antlers can also be used to make arrowheads, nice little collectors hobby and they look beautiful on display.

Tanning hides, fur etc. These can be used to make great leg warmers for hunting in cold weather. These are great because they keep you extremely warm plus you now have a natural camouflage. Besides clothing they can be sold to make some extra cash, or if you are interested in learning leatherworking, gloves, quivers, armguards, chestguards etc.