Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 11 / ?]

Hidden Spot in Sierras

No.1581268 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Planning on going camping in the next few days somewhere up in the Sierras by motorcycle. Ideally, I was hoping to find somewhere with dispersed camping, where I could be away from people, and near a little lake or any body of water. The dream would be to find a smallish trail that I could get away with using my bike on, then after I'm a decent enough distance innawoods, setting up camp with a view of the waterfront of a hidden lake, and spending the day swimming and hiking the area.
So my questions for you guys are: Do you have any places you would recommend up in the Sierras Nevada area? I'm in the Bay Area and would be coming in from that direction. Also, how reasonable is it to plan on using my motorcycle to do light off-roading if it isn't an adventure bike? It's a touring bike, but in my experience I can get away with using it on narrow trails, and I don't think I would have too many problems if I tried it on this trip, I just imagine there might not be that many good opportunities to put it to use.