Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 8 / ?]

In car sleeping, rooftop camper, or pull behind trailer?

No.1651080 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have an off road capable SUV that I want to use to take /out/ but want to discuss and decide what kind of sleeping accommodation I should invest in.

I want to be able to use this vehicle to go out onto and off of trails to do some backwoods camping and what not. I want to be able to be able to drive through the trails that take me right up to the picturesque mountain and lake/river backdrop. I'd also like to get into some other kinds of offroading as well, potentially things like rock crawling and mudding.

I'm having trouble what method I want to invest in, as most have their own pros and cons, and certain things have to be considered, like wanting to have room for at least a dog and at least one, if not two more people. If I missed anything please feel free to input.

For in car sleeping, there are many different ways you can go about it I've seen. You can remove all seats besides the driver, or make a communal seating arrangement that can easily be converted to sleeping quarters, you can have the seating and sleeping set up be one and the same, etc. I've seen simple inflatable beds made specifically for the back row of a car. For most methods available, it can be assumed you will be giving up immense amounts of space. Depending on how you do it, you could potentially be reducing the amount of passengers you can carry as well. You shouldn't have any negative impact on your off roading capabilities however, you should be able to traverse anywhere your vehicle is capable of.

Continued--