Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[19 / 2 / ?]

Help finding best thermal camera for outdoors near my home?

No.1652112 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I live in a rural area, and there is something making noise in the woods every night after dinner when I go outside to put my pet up and feed her dinner. It’s happening right next to my house. It only happens at night. I never hear these sounds during the day. I suspect it might actually be a person, because last night I saw a brief flash of rectangular light that appeared very close shine through branches. I think it was a cellphone. After I saw that brief flash of light I heard the motion in the woods proceed in a straight line along the edge of the property away, slowly. I think if it were an animal it would have wandered off into the distance, not walked the perimeter.

I was hoping some of you outdoors types who use thermal imaging for hunting might be able to help me find ta reasonably priced sort of camera that is effective? All of this stuff seems very expensive. I find these days I can't rely on online reviews.

I’m going to talk to my neighbors today to warn them, and if it’s one of their kids, hopefully that will scare them off. Though honestly I doubt this is one of their kids. When they play in the woods it’s never in this part and always during the day. I’m undecided about filing a police report. It seems like one huge waste of time. It would be, “I keep hearing sounds in the woods.”