Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[44 / 7 / ?]

No.1652515 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey, /out/.
This is going to be my first time backpacking. Any tips would be appreciated so I don't die.

Gear:
>one 32oz water bottle
>one first aid kit
>two storm match sets
>one pack of kindling
>one knoife
>three packs of ramen
>some fruit bars
>one steel bowl
>one change of clothes (pants, socks, underwear, shirt)
>one mini dustpan/broom set
>one roll of tarp
>one roll of paracord
>four metal tent pegs
>one survival kit containing a compass, emergency blanket, matches, etc.
>one Snuggie®
>some folded sheets of toilet paper
>Passage 2 tent+footprint
>Trail Pod 30F sleeping bag
>Z-Lite insulating pad
>Flash insulated sleeping pad
>Lux Pro lantern
>Phone
>Power bank for phone

I'm headed to a nearby 1000 acre campground/hiking trail. I'm adamant about doing this solo and without a car. I'm planning on taking an uber there sometime in the morning and camping overnight, and ubering back home the next morning.
My plan once I get to the site is simply to go hiking for a bit with my pack and reach the campgrounds. While there, I'll set up my tent and explore the park. I'm planning on using my GPS to track where I am and enjoy a nature walk before coming back to camp to eat and rest. I'm going to cook the ramen by starting a fire and boiling some water in the steel bowl. During the evening I'm planning to keep a fire going outside the tent for warmth, and snuggle up and shitpost on my phone until I fall asleep.
I wanted to go fishing too, but I couldn't find one that was small enough in any of the stores I've visited, and I'm not sure if I needed a license for catch-and-release.