Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[103 / 14 / ?]

Innawoods bug out gear. Do you really need anything else?

No.1669575 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Realistically? I mean, I know plenty of arguments can be made for all the stuff in the Altoids tins, and big ol backpacks, etc but I really feel that if I found myself in an "oh fuck" situation like breaking down in the middle of nowhere with a dead cell phone, or similar situation where it's likely that help WILL come, it just may take a day or three, that this is more than adequate.

Contents:
Corona Folding Saw - 10" blade, cuts on the pull.
Mora Companion MG - sheath has the following: 3 meters of 550 cord, 1 meter duct tape, 3 meters jute twine, 4 water purification tabs, 1 non-latex, unlubricated condom, and a ferrocerium rod.

You could build a shelter, start a fire, gather water, make it potable, and even lash together a bundle bow, sharpen some sticks, and make fletching with the duct tape for arrows. You've got shelter, water, and food covered. Why do people make all these big obnoxious kits, or Altoids tins that have a bunch of crap you'll likely never use? A good saw and fixed blade knife, some cordage, and a method to start a fire is all you really need imo.