Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 4 / ?]

No.181191 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Consider me, /out/. I beseech you.

I have things pretty well for a college student. I scored a 33 on the ACT. I finished high-school valedictorian. The state pays for my housing, meals, and education.

But it's never enough. There is a void in my heart that can't be filled with writing or studying. The only time everything is right is when I set foot in the woods.

I want to live a life where the work I do is done for me. I seek my own kingdom. Gone are the days where my mind could rest easy after attending classes and parties. The only things I desire to study now are the plants of the ground and the fish of the waters and the foul of the air.

In time, I'd like to live in solitude among the woods. It won't be easy. It won't be easy to plan and it won't be easy to do. Therefore, I resolve to dedicate my spare time to study at the feet of masters.

I plan to do this after college if there is any money left. In truth, I don't want to live in the woods forever, but I'd like to take a hiatus to figure things out. Maybe I could live among nature in cycles of a few months. But what would I need? What do I carry on my back? What do I walk back out with? I've hiked and backpacked countless times before but I've never planned anything like this.

In short, what do I need to know and have in order to live in the woods in isolation for a few months, bringing only a pack on my back? Where will I find food? Will I bring my own shelter or build one along the way? What water system would work best for something like this? Will I lose my mind even if I only live alone for a few months at a time? How will I get home after all is said and done?

Guide me, friends. Help me achieve the eremitic peace I seek.