Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[94 / 43 / ?]

Feeling like sharing some pictures a quick little story of my Alaskan adventures

No.1817536 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
My whole life I spent it as a some pale kid from a beach in Florida until I joined the Army and got stationed in Alaska. Basically like someone you would imagine from /g/. Most of the guys I was with did nothing but drink, party and complain about how terrible Alaska is. It wasn't what I wanted at first as I wanted to be close to home and party on the beach but I decided to take advantage of where I was and become more /out/. Before I started going /out/, I didn't even know how to pitch a tent or tie even the most basic knots. The people I've met, experiences I've been through, places I have been and climbs that pushed me hard made it all worth. Everyone thinks of Alaska as the final frontier that is secluded from everyone and that is 100% true. It's not the same as going to Yosemite or Great Smokey Mountains where there are tons of people on every hike. You can truly get the feeling of remoteness in Alaska if you go outside your comfort zone. I just feel like sharing some of those pictures & experiences instead of keeping them stashed in my phone.

Pictured is from the summit of Bold Peak overlooking Eklutna Lake - a glacial lake. Altitude 7552'.