Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 4 / ?]

Scotland general

No.1823166 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /out/, planning a 7 day hike in August with a mate, up by the Trossachs and Loch Lomond national park. I've got a lot of experience camping (sc/out/s since 7 and cadets since 13) but I've never been to Scotland, or a forest as big as Queen Elizabeth, anything to watch out for in Scotland?
Only ever done 3 day hikes before so this is a big one for me, what are things you'd have liked to know before your first week long exped?
For water I was planning to just take water from the lochs (or a running stream) and boil it, mainly drinking tea over the week, you can drink from lochs right?
As for food, I saw some anon talking about dehydrated tomato sauce the other day, was probably just going to bring that and some pasta and corned meat (fresh food for the first 2 days, dehydrated after.)
Finally, first aid kit recommendations? i carry scissors, gauze, bandages, disinfectant wipes, plasters, triangular bandage, medical tape, blister plasters. Not sure what weird animals there may be in Scotland, as a nogunz Londonistan cityfag I have a fairbairn-sykes commando dagger, is it worth bringing?