Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[108 / 11 / ?]

Too Old

No.1885345 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I read that hunting is usually patrilineal, meaning its passed from grandfather to father, father to son. I'm 36 and I want to start hunting, and I've always loved the idea of trying to hunt for subsistence and to help my son develop more of a love of nature. The problem is my grandpa stopped hunting before I was born, he had 3 daughters, no son's, and of course I grew up without a dad, then eventually a stepfather who also stopped hunting long before I was around. Now I have a son of my own and I want to be the type of father I wanted when I was a kid, but I don't know how to get started in any meaningful way, especially when I work so much.

I have mentioned squirrel hunting as an easy in to get started, but I don't know how to work that into eventually getting a deer down the road, or learning how to field dress properly instead of watching cut together videos on youtube.

I just want to be in nature more, be more self reliant, and teach my son a way of life that I never got to experience, but I'm clueless as to where I should start.