Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[111 / 28 / ?]

Stop being racist

No.1902411 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why dont you stop being racist and allow niggers to go hiking and be /out/ more?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/10/black-british-hiker-tackling-exclusion-outdoors-systemic-racism

A diversity gap in outdoor activities means a disproportionate share of visitors to public parks are white.
In the US, around 90% of visitors to public parks are white, despite making up about 60% of the population.
One UK hiker has created a community for women of colour to help make outdoor activities more inclusive.
As corporations, governments, organizations and educational institutions confront what diversity and inclusion looks like from the inside, one UK hiker has created a community for people of colour outdoors.

"The lack of representation in hiking is clear for all to see", Fatinikun told Women’s Health this year.

"It's never something I associated with Black people – it’s not even marketed at Black people."

“I wasn’t keen on the prospect of venturing out alone or joining a typical hikers’ group where there'd be nobody I could identify with.”

The idea for Black Girls Hike was born.

“I’m proud that we’re challenging stereotypes and showing people that the outdoors is for everyone – representation really does matter,” Fatinikun said.

The group is currently raising money to create nature retreats to help women heal from traumatic events. The retreats will include trained counsellors and wellness workshops, along with forest bathing, yoga and meditation.