Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 2 / ?]

/TCG/ - Tower Climber General

No.1909315 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Anyone here a /towerdog/?

britfag here, working now part-time as a chef in a cafe (now part-time because the business was heavily affected by Covid restrictions resulting in drop in customer numbers, leading to low profit & having to cut staff hours).

Anyway I'm an amateur climber and love to climb old/abandoned towers/structures recreationally, all with proper gear and safety equipment. And so, as I'm now an adult, doing this can get me arrested if caught - so I want to put this passion of mine into something that will earn me money. I'm really interested in pursuing a career in tower climbing, specifically repair/maintenance work atop masts, pylons, telecom & radio towers etc. I have applied for tower safety/ rescue training here in the UK next starting month, but what more should I do in order to secure a job in this field (thinking about british telecom/5G etc)? I understand it wont be shift work, so I'm doing this just to make some extra cash due to my other job being fucked, and hopefully make it a career.

Any advice guys? Cheers