Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[82 / 13 / ?]

Got caught in a blizzard, ongoing consequences

No.1966496 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This was about a month ago. I was wearing shoes and the snow didn't seem that bad, but then it accelerated and I got buried(no joke) and could barely move. I seriously thought I was going to die and the adrenaline kicked in like never before to practically swim through the snow. It was only about 50 metres to my house, but it took me almost half and hour to get there.

Anyway at one point I felt my shoes come off and I tried to find them, but couldn't, so I just went on, rationalizing lost feet being better than dying. I finally got to the house and struggled to get the keys out of my pants, but realized they were gone and ran back into the snow to find them, thank God they didn't fall too deep and I managed to get in the house. I promptly took my wet clothes off and put on dry ones and in layers, but could not feel my feet or hands. I cranked the heat to max and slept by the vents.

I woke up to painful feet and hands, walking really hurt and my skin was very dark(I'm black), and I just bundled up more as the city was buried and not even ambulances could get anywhere. Long story short the pain went away after about two weeks...but then yesterday I woke up and tripped on the carpet...do I peel it off or let it fall of naturally so the new skin grows fine? The feeling is returning where the skin is falling off.

And yes, I have the proper gear but it was literally an episode of "I shouldn't be alive". The one time I don't prepare, I get in shit.