Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[64 / 7 / ?]

Backpacks

No.2019075 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /out/. I don't have a backpack except for my school one. I want to do a 2-3 day hike with friends, depending on the weather. I usually do canoe or kayak camping, so I only have drybags and no actual backpack.

Any recommendations for a higher quality pack? I prefer to buy once and cry once, and try to stay away from China or Vietnam made products.

I've been looking at external frame bags (attached for example). Savotta seems like a decent brand. My older brother used to have a meat shelf that I carried when he took me hunting.

Am I wrong in looking for a simple external frame bag? Are internal frame bags better? I was also looking at Hill People Gear packs but they're out of stock at the moment and kinda expensive. I have one of their kitbags I use and I really liked the quality, but the price is hella high, especially for me since I'm Canadian and tariffs hit us hard.

Is 60L a good target for a all around use pack? I can always underpack it. I also plan to use it for winter camping too once it gets a bit milder.