Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[65 / 11 / ?]

Getting lost in the woods at night will humble you

No.2034403 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Decided to try a new camping spot last night and after the sun went down i realized i forgot my jacket and charger cord/power bank in the truck ( i wanted to document the setup i built). i figured it wasnt a big deal i only parked about half a mile away. Not a big deal right? Well my flashlight died after about 5 minutes of walking but i had gotten to a point where (i thought) the truck should be in front of me if i kept walking straight. After about 10 minutes i get to where i think the truck would be and its not there. i had been using my phone as a flashlight and was down to 20% with zero signal and started to panic. No one in my area goes camping this early in the year so i was completely alone. So i basically just walked on the road unsure of which direction i was (or needed to be going) and eventually i stumbled upon the truck about an hour later out of luck. I had to drive back to my house to get a new flashlight and some glow sticks to drop to on the ground once i got back so i wouldnt get lost again. Once i got back to the campsite an animal had got into my tent, knocked over my small ice chest and ate the apples and raw bacon i was going to cook in the morning. Im starting to doubt if i ever knew what i was doing in the first place

TLDR, got lost in woods at night and ego is hurt.