Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[43 / 8 / ?]

Off-Grid Apt. Project

No.2059653 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I thought you anons would find it interesting.
>inb4 LARP
It's in your rights to say so.

Grew tired of Industrial Society, but at the same time, am too poor to move out of the city (saving up right now, starting a small business and getting a down payment on some land.)

Dealing with urban bullshit, I realized I'd be best off if I went as off-grid as possible - plus, it'd be better to start practicing now, instead of being a retard that buys some land, has no idea how to tend it, and then ends up dying after getting ripped apart by a tractor PTO or starving or moving back to the city.
I realized there were three PRIMARY forms of sufficiency - power, water, and food.

Food sufficiency was easiest, water sufficiency is unfortunately impossible, but still:
>installed RO system (remineralize with drops), water here is fucking fluoridated, chlorinated trash, and I plan to take the system with me when I move
Food-wise:
>growing own food - built 50sq ft worth of raised beds, as well as two potato towers
>got chickens for the balcony - built a 40 sq ft (huge fucking balcony) coop+run combo, with wire, sound-proofing, and a composter set-up for the waste
>re-use any excess waste in the garden (if composters get overfilled)

Power was fairly tricky too, but I'm tackling it.
First and foremost, I started cooking exclusively with propane - this meant I could have tanks instead of needing to rely on the shitty electrical grid here.
>got a BBQ (also on balcony)
>use it for baking, grilling and frying (with cast griddle)
When I move out, I'm swapping it for a wood stove.

To completely go free from the power grid, I'm planning to get an ultra-quiet (40db) propane generator (propane is cheaper anyhow, and even if it doesn't pay itself off, I'm happy to pay the extra price for freedom.)

On top of all of this, of course, I:
>make my own furniture
>learning to craft own clothes
>brew own alcohol, grow own cannabis (CBD-only medicinal strain, have terrible psychosis, it helps)
(1/2)