Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 3 / ?]

No.214635 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /out/, was hoping we could have a conversation on great rural areas to live. See when I was in my early 20s I spent some time road tripping around the US. I ended up living for 2 years in Western NC/Eastern TN and it was amazing. I shacked up with a girl that inherited land from her grandfather way up in the mountains. Had a run downed own house on it that we fixed up as best as we could. Money was tight and I worked a lot of odd jobs with my main job being at WalMart putting on tires. Did scrap up the money to get an ATV and it was amazing. We are talking right out my back door and I could hop on and ride for hours. Even though I was dirt poor and would often only eat cause I bagged a deer it was the best time of my life. But like all good things it came to an end. Started fighting a lot with the girl, money got even tighter and eventually called it quits, called up my folks and asked to move back in. So I packed up and moved back home in Philadelphia. Sure its nice enough here but I know i love the rural life. I got my shit together and went to school for Nursing, degree and have been working a few years and I got some cash together and its getting time to move out of the city. Originally I was gonna move right back to were I was but As i poke around on the internet I see a lot of real nice land all over. Lots of stuff in the Rockies and Pacific North West. So I come to you guys to ask where I should move to live the rural life yet be close enough to a town for work?