Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[148 / 11 / ?]

Don’t move to the countryside

No.2188630 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I’m probably talking to the wrong crowd but don’t move to the countryside if you’ve been a cityfag all your life

I see a lot of alt-right/alternative influencers idealizing rural life and telling people to move out of the cities without warning them about the drawbacks :

>Lifestyle
First of all, if you’ve never lived in the countryside the hobbies people have here will most likely be alien to you. In their free time, people here hunt, ride their 4-wheelers in sandpits and muddy trails in the summertime and their ski-doos in wintertime and drink cause that’s all there is to do.

>cultural life
If you live in the city you probably like going to museums, festivals, movies and other cultural activities. Don’t take that for granted cause it will be reduced to almost zero in rural cities and you’ll have to find other things to do

>community
Rural communities are much more close-knit and services are less available which means people rely on one-another a lot more. If you’re a newcomer people will stare at you cause they’ve never seen your face. You’ll need to be outgoing to establish a network or else you’ll have a much harder time getting access to various services than in the city

If you’re fine with that go ahead but moving out of the city is a big decision if you’ve never lived elsewhere.

Btw I’m describing rural life in Canada, this may not apply to the US

>t. Cityfag who got a 1-year contract in forestry in a rural city and realized how different life is here