Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[122 / 21 / ?]

Why is rural property so fucking expensive

No.2202753 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I assume this is the right board for this.

I'm in WV. I got rich off of Bitcoin trading. I'm gonna get raped by the tax man, but that's okay, because I'll have enough to buy property. Even so, I don't want to get fucked.

I've been looking around here for land that I can build on and grow potatoes on. But everyone seems to want like $100-$200K more than what the land is actually worth. I saw this one property that was an undeveloped 200 acres, they wanted $400K for it. I looked at the aerial map and maybe 75-100 acres of it were actually usable - the rest were useless cliffside and shit. Shouldn't this be like $300K at the most? I'd just move to a different (non-leftist, ideally) state but it seems like the same problem is everywhere, and it's an enormous hassle to go look at places that are eight hours away.

Am I the asshole here? Is the market just insane? Someone help me navigate this gay shit. I want to buy land and go live innawoods (own-a-woods heh heh) but I don't want to get bent over and fucked on the price. Any advice you guys could give me would be much appreciated. I want to be as self sufficient as possible (and maybe generate power with solar panels and mine more btc).

Hopefully this is appropriate for this board. I can't imagine where else I'd post it. Pic unrelated, it's Tuvix.