Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 10 / ?]

No.2207043 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>In living close to nature, one discovers that happiness does not consist in maximizing pleasure. It consists in tranquility. Once you have enjoyed tranquility long enough, you acquire actually an aversion to the thought of any very strong pleasure—excessive pleasure would disrupt your tranquility. Finally, one learns that boredom is a disease of civilization. It seems to me that what boredom mostly is is that people have to keep themselves entertained or occupied, because if they aren’t, then certain anxieties, frustrations, discontents, and so forth, start coming to the surface, and it makes them uncomfortable. Boredom is almost nonexistent once you’ve become adapted to life in the woods. If you don’t have any work that needs to be done, you can sit for hours at a time just doing nothing, just listening to the birds or the wind or the silence, watching the shadows move as the sun travels, or simply looking at familiar objects. And you don’t get bored. You’re just at peace.

Is Ted correct or is it just him being a crazy hermit fuck? I'm almost 26 years old and I have become increasingly bummed out over the fact that I allowed myself to waste my childhood, teenage years and early twenties sitting in front of the computer, achieving absolutely nothing with my life. My mind has degenerated so much that the only thing that gets me out of bed is the novelty of mindlessly browsing the internet and playing vidya. My mind is wired to have absolutely no attention span. I procrastinate on basic hygiene. Sometimes I can't even pay my bills on time because I would rather just watch youtube videos. I don't even watch videos to the end. I just jump from video to video. I just absolutely can't handle boredom.

I have decided that enough is fucking enough and that I am going to get myself some outdoors hobbies to keep me away from my house and computer for at least 10 hours a day. If I live the /out/ lifestyle for long enough will my brain eventually unfuck itself?