Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[28 / 2 / ?]

Homeowners Associations Question

No.2295270 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
If you purchase land in a tax sale that's accessible and presumably originally a portion of an HOA neighborhood/development, but you purchased the land from the city and not the original HOA developer, are you unaffiliated to and thus unbeholden to the neighborhood's HOA regulations? There's a spot in a middle-upper-middle class neighborhood of around an acre or so that goes on sale soon for pretty cheap. My internet is really spotty here and since it's connected to a residential street it's serviceable and in a fiber internet area, so I was thinking of making it my work-from-home spot and holding onto the land to eventually put a proper home there. The issue is that the HOA doesn't allow temporary structures and requires any building there be a house with a garage and their terms include coming and removing your stuff/blocking your road access if you break their rules, so I'm curious if getting the land from the county and not them means I don't have to join and they can fuck off.

I know it's not very /out/ but I couldn't think of any board that's actually for real estate questions, so I guess it goes here.