Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[33 / 9 / 24]

cheap diy scuba diving

No.2350310 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
helllo /out/ I am going to Kos this summer and wanted to build a device that will let me stroll around underwater. My idea:

> Long plastic tube that I can inhale through (Expel the air into the water around me). Think, a really long beer bong.
> A flotation device that the top of the tube goes through, sticking at least X2 above wave height, to ensure water doesn't get into the tube
> The breathing-end is capped with a bottle cap that you get on Lucozade Sport...The ones where you only can only get liquid out by sucking hard on it. This will be secured with flex-tape to prevent leaks
> Bag of rocks carried in my free hand to counter buoyancy. I hope to find crabs/lobsters underwater. I imagine that I would be able to put them into the bag by freeing my hand by placing the bag down and putting my foot through the bag handles

This is effectively extreme snorkelling. Pic related. A schematic of the device

Is there a device like this already? That would save a lot of time and effort

This might sound like a troll, but I am serious about this. If I can build it, I will and post results in a few months.

My misses says this is a stupid idea, but that just inspires my to press ahead an vindicate my plans.