Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[26 / 4 / 21]

No.2409388 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How do I learn to appreciate the outdoors?

I keep being told that over and over again, it's going to help my depression, I'm estranged from nature if I don't do that, how can I not love plants and trees and wildlife, there's a mountain how do you not see how amazing is that, but I just do not have it in me. Doing activities outdoors hasn't helped, I have been dragged on plenty of fishing and camping trips, gardening was my least favourite chore growing up, I live a bike ride away from complete wilderness and I have been there frequently.

Why do I miss the magic? What do I do wrong when I sit there? I've been told to meditate on it, but I'm bad at meditating too and the spark of delight that is clearly supposed to emerge in me just doesn't come. I can see that nature is beautiful, sure, but I don't feel anything stirring that's supposed to be there. I live in a place that looks just like the paintings and photographs of idyllic nature look, but I don't FEEL anything about it.

What do I do wrong? What am I supposed to do instead? How does one appreciate nature, and feel peace and delight about it?