Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[79 / 13 / 55]

Why do millenials and gen z believe going outdoors will magically cure them of their depression?

No.2434422 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've noticed a lot of younger millenials / gen z types telling themselves that "if i just start going outside i'll no longer be depressed and feel like a loser." And then they waste countless hours watching bushcraft youtube videos, reading survival infographics, and doing nothing with their life.

It's almost become trendy to belive going outdoors is a magical self-help pill that will cure their loser life, just like many millenials on /fit/ believed lifting weights would. You can see this with all these pseudo self-help threads posted here on /out/, that originally would have gone on places like >>>/r9k/ or >>>/adv/

Sorry zoomers, but no, going outdoors will not cure your depression.

A man who is unhappy with himself at home will still be unhappy with himself in the woods.
You are merely trying to run away from your unhappiness, instead of confronting it.

So fix whatever is making you unhappy, instead of using the outdoors as a means to an end to temporarily hide form your unhappiness.
You will never be able to enjoy the outdoors until you do.

>pic related