Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[75 / 5 / 39]

No.2468974 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
My partner is a bit of a doomsday prepper, and doesn't really want any other kind of a life. He hates living in small city apartments, working for someone else, and driving to work. I work from home so I could work from anywhere, but I enjoy living in small city apartments and being able to do whatever errands I have on a bike or on foot.

His family has a small property in the backcountry, 16 kilometres away from the nearest populated place, which is a 1000 person village. The house desperately needs someone to inhabit it, and we could live there for free, and moving there would solve literally all of our problems. The only obstacle holding us back is the fact that I don't want to go. The thought of a life consisting of nothing but work, housework and staring at trees sounds daunting and depressing to me. I also know it's the only way *he* wants to live.

We have already tried living the way I like to live, and he can't learn to enjoy it. We both hate the idea of living in a suburb - it has the worst sides of both ways of life and none of the positives of either - and neither of us want to live apart from each other, either. So the only options there are is that either I must learn how to yield and adjust, or we have no choice but to live separately.

How does one learn to enjoy a homesteading life?