Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 6 / 17]

Do you enjoy music when /out/?

No.2489695 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What kind of music do you like to listen to when hiking and in what format? I find using cassettes very enjoyable, it's become a bit of a ritual to record some music to a 90 minute tape a day or two before a hike, usually dedicating at least half of that to something that's new to me. May seem like a very roundabout way to go about listening to music but i find a lot of benefits to that - it allows me to carry an emergency only "dumb" phone reducing distractions, instead of actively thinking on what to listen to next I just drop the tape in my walkman and listen - the limited choice truly makes it easier to enjoy music as a background to the nature, not the other way around. Pic related, my on the go setup. A friend of mine sent me a song from a band called Balmorhea recently, it's a lovely instrumental track that I feel like would be great for a mid hike listen, i would assume the rest of their discography would be similar - gonna record a tape or two full of their music today and go through it tomorrow.
This is the aforementioned track: https://youtu.be/mT_zEjp2xeY