Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[48 / 6 / 31]

Outdoors too popular?

No.2489794 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is it just me or is camping getting too popular and mainstream?
K so here's the story. Not greentext.

I have a favorite campground and particular campsite that I go to every fall. It's a large park with 1 modern campground towards the front and 3 rustic campgrounds elsewhere.
It has personal history. This campground was where I went as a small child. My earliest outdoor memories are here. Later there were father/son camping trips with my friends when we were teenagers. In my 20's we continued it amongst ourselves. Sure there were stupid 20-something shenanigans but it was mostly chill. We would always have our trip the last weekend in October. Now in my mid-30s, we still have these trips, although the locations change from year to year. People have come and gone but it's still at least 4 of the core 6 friends. If we don't go to this particular campground for the annual trip, I make a personal solo trip.
My favorite campsite is a 2.5 mile drive from the park entrance and located in the central campground. Its split into 4 loops. 2 on one side of a field, 2 oth the other. Located on a spring fed lake, it's peaceful and serine. No motors, gas or electric. At night I enjoy sitting by the fire, listening to the world series in the radio while the coyotes and owls make their night time noises.
In the past (dating back to my teenage years) Wednesday and Thursday night, you'd be the only one out there. Maybe a handful of other campers on the weekend but thats it.
But now, especially the last 5yrs, has gotten disheartening.
When I arrived this past Wednesday I was the only one in either loop on my side of the field. There were some hardside campers setup in the other loops across the field. Ehh I'll endure.