Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 7 / 11]

No.2497320 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi there. Not sure if anyone remembers my thread asking about the utility of using amphetamines during hiking, but I gave it a shot. Nothing too crazy happened, this doesn't end with me getting arrested or raped by the rape dwarves, but I feel like it's interesting enough to share.
I chose a really long hike that loosely followed a train line so at any time a bailout point wouldn't be *too* far away and so that I could go for as long as I could. I carried a backpack with only a few candy bars and some electrolyte powder, and 4L of water with a filter so no matter what i wouldnt dehydrate. Plus other random shit which is less important.
Here's how it went:
>wake up at 3am - want to start early so I won't be limited by dawn
>not that it's approaching summer in the southern hemisphere so i don't need to worry about temperature
>arrive at the start at 430amish and begin
>actually feel quite refreshed because i went to bed early enough to get 7 hours of sleep and debate doing it sober
>nah, i came here for a purpose. i gobble 200mg of caffeine
>an hour or two passes and i feel awake but not much else so not really different to before
>fuck it, down 5mg of plain old d-amphetamine
>distinctly feel it kicking in 15 minutes later. things feel sharper, i feel less fatigue, can maintain pace
>this feeling continues for almost 4 hours!! woah im feeling it now
>note that throughout the entirety of the hike i am occasionally having a candy bar to keep blood glucose up, sports electrolyte powder thingy to stop cramps etc. and regularly making myself drink water even if im not thirsty
>but then
>crash hard and fast. feel like i pulled an all nighter. can still keep moving but i legitimately feel like i would fall asleep if i sat down and closed my eyes
>but i still have so much longer to go!
>so naturally i have another 200mg caffeine and 5mg of the good stuff cuz i aint done
>feel good for a while again but not to the same level
>this time wears off after only 2.5ish hours...
cont